The performance of “The Twits”

About a month ago I participated in the middle school play “The twits”. It was a good experience for me because I don’t like preforming in front of big audiences. Now I actually enjoy it. We rehearsed on Thursdays and sometimes Saturdays which was sometimes annoying because we had to stay under the sun for three to four hours sometimes but in the end it was worth it. An embarrassing moment for me was the second day of the play and everybody forgot their lines and there was a long silence but luckily I memorized some of their lines and I covered for them. Another embarrassing is since I played a monkey and there weren’t enough costumes and we had to change very, very quickly so when I went on stage I realized that I forgot my tail. Overall it was a pretty good show and luckily no one noticed that I had no tail on. After the show, about a week later we had an after party were we all got together and shared snacks and drinks. We also watched the video of us during the play. The good thing is that there were two after parties. Wednesday and Thursday. The sad thing is that only 6 people came to the second one. Including me… Though I went to both.  Overall I really enjoyed the show and working, rehearsing on it. There were ups and downs… My favorite part is when we went to the maker space to make all the props it was really fun! I’ve never been to the maker space so that was a good experience for me! Overall the twits was great I hope there is another MS play!

6 thoughts on “The performance of “The Twits”

1. I remember that! The look on your face was priceless. You did the whole play without your tail! Once, in character I tried to grab your tail and saw it wasn’t there. I tried so hard not to laugh! Don’t worry, I bet no one noticed.

2. Anna,
    I like your story, that happened to me during rehearsels, thank god it was not in front of a lot of people, but I am glad that you escape from your not that phobea of speaking in front of people.
    It was very GOOD
    thanks for sharing,
    Soda Ba

3. hey Anna I really hope I could of saw you because I know u were shining up there it was a shame that I dident come especially that I bought a ticket xoxo

1. Thank you for saying I shined.I’m sure if you were in the play you shine more than everyone else! I wish you were there to see it too!